In agreeing our theme for 2020, our Worldwide Council drew together elements from our global listening process (Mothers' Union Listens, Observes and Acts) to shape the way forward.
They placed 'Building Hope and Confidence' at the heart of our call to support individuals and families to transform their lives.
The reason being that as we build hope and confidence in God we will be inspired and equipped to build hope and confidence in ourselves and in others, in both a local and global context
We recognise that the effects of the global pandemic will continue to be felt across the world throughout 2021 and so it seems appropriate to develop our 2020 theme to encompass Rebuilding hope and confidence.
As people seek to come to terms with loss of all kinds, from bereavement to loss of livelihood, relationships, wellbeing and other challenges, our work of rebuilding hope and confidence will be vital.
Links to the latest Coronavirus (Covid-19) Information for Mothers' Union will be found on the News and Events Page within our monthly e-Newsletter.
The newsletter provides an update on some of the MU work in action during the current crisis, a wealth of resources for your use, updates on events and also includes Words of Encouragement from Worldwide President Sheran Harper.
Whilst we had looked forward to providing an enjoyable stay in our caravan to the families who would have visited this year, it has been necessary to cancel all AFIA holidays for 2020>Applications which were received earlier this year will be given priority in 2021.
Our 2020 membership is 2811 and we now have 113 Branches in the Blackburn Diocese.
If you would like information on how to become a member or information of your nearest branch contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Some of our Diocesan Projects
- Caravan on the coast giving holidays to families in need of a break
- Bonnets, jackets and blankets for Neo natal units,
- Toiletry Bags for local hospitals & Womens Refuge
- Fiddle Pinnies and muffs for dementia patients
- Kath’s Kubes for dementia patients,
- Cook Book for Young Mums
- Joy Bags/Blessing Boxes for those facing adversity
- Household good and toiletries for Asylum Seekers
- Young Carers support for those aged 8 – 25 who carry the care burden at home
- Nurturing Baptism Packs
- Angel Pockets for Still Born Babies
- Books for Prisons
- Purple Praise Service for those who find life difficult
Charity Registration Number 249927